Sunday 11 March 2012

[Review] Barcelo Sants Hotel, Barcelona, Spain

This was one of the hotels I stayed in during my semi-business trip to Europe Mediterranean (France, Spain, Monaco, Portugal) August last year. This hotel is located in Barcelona, precisely just on top of Sants metro station, so it is very convenient to travel around Barcelona using metro. Moreover, it is just 4 minutes walk to Catalunya Square, one of the top attractions in Barcelona.

What I love about the hotel is the room! The hotel adopts the futuristic-style, so every room and every inch of the hotel are designed futuristically.  The hotel's facilities and amenities are very complete, and they even provide wi-fi in room! (which is very rare as most hotels in Europe only provide wi-fi in the lobby area). There is even a minibar inside the room!

 


The hallway and the door to the room
The breakfast is also delicious. A typical buffet of European-American dishes, but the varieties are superb! This was where I was first introduced to tortilla (Spanish Omelet), which made me addicted!


The main problem was, the toilet and the shower room is separated! So it's a little bit inconvenient for me. And as most toilets in Europe, there is no bidet or water shower next to it, so yeah... it's kinda difficult to Asian people like me to...yeah you know :)

I think this was the best hotel that I stayed during my Europe Mediterranean trip, and if I have the chance to visit Barcelona again, I will consider staying in this hotel again. Actually, most likely not, because this hotel is pricey for budget traveler like me. I was just fortunate I could stay in this hotel because the company paid for my trip!

Short info about this hotel:
Address: Plaza Paisos Catalans s/n 8014, Sants-Montjuïc, Barcelona, Spain
Room Price: around US$125 for Orbital Room Double/Twin (via agoda.com)
Nearest metro station: Sants Station just below the hotel.
Hotel website: www.barcelosants.com

1 comment:

  1. Nice hotel review. I have now a plan to go on that place this coming vacation. Since my family wants also a place that may enjoy them. And I think that place is exactly what we need.

    hotel barcellona centro

    ReplyDelete